Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Introduction

Hi, I am Patrick and this my first blog. I got interested in blogging when I searched for so-called "Podcasts", the new thing on the internet.

In case you don't know: these are personal radioshows, made by amateurs and professionals, which you can receive as a mp3-file, through rss-feed with a program that allows you to subscribe to these feeds, or by downloading it from a web(log)site,
and then (automaticly) transferred to your iPod, or other mp3-player.
There are special programs developed for this, like iPodder, Jager etc. Various websites provide downloads and information about this. To name a few: www.ipodder.org, www.podcaster.net, audio.weblogs.com, www.engadget.com. Check it out!

I think this is what the internet should be: an international communicationcenter where people from all over the world can share their thoughts and views, music, pictures.
These audioblogs are fun to listen to, certainly more fun then reading a text in your browser and in the near future i want to add my own audioblogs to my weblog.

Feel free to comment on this.

Greetings to all of you,

Patrick

No comments: